Donate to ReStore
We are always looking for new and gently used appliances, household items, materials to add to our inventory. We ask that all donations be new or in like-new condition. All must be in working condition, clean and free of rust. Please place any items containing multiple pieces in a clear plastic bag or box in order to keep all components safely together.
All Donations are subject to visual inspection and approval by ReStore staff. Pick-up scheduling could take up to 2 weeks or longer depending on request volume – last minute pick-up requests may not be served. Donation pick-ups are not available in all areas of the County and pick-ups are served and prioritized based on amount of donated items. A monetary donation may be required in order for items to be picked up on a case-by-case basis.
We gladly preview the following items for donation consideration:
- Appliances: Clean, a maximum of 10 years old, although we will make exceptions for older items and vintage/antique items in good condition on a case-by-case basis
- Cabinetry: all doors/drawers in tact
- Vinyl Dual Pane Windows
- Hardwood/Laminate Flooring
- Interior and Exterior Doors
- Lighting: Please remove light bulbs and package separately, no 1970s/80s glass fixtures
- Paint – New cans of paint or fairly new cans that are mostly full (light to medium grey, white and light to medium tan colors only
- Hardware/Fasteners/Screws etc
- Vinyl/ Linoleum Flooring
- Tools and Power Tools
- Bathtubs and Shower Enclosures
- Toilets and Sinks
- Plumbing Hardware
- Electrical Components
- Miscellaneous Household Items: sofas, chairs, dressers, tables, patio furniture, books, dishes, blinds, etc.
- Shower doors if complete with hardware
- Lumber: clean, straight, without nails, and over 3′-0″ long
- Insulation (R-13 and up)
The following items are not accepted as donations at this time:
- Used Carpet that is stained, has been exposed to pet urine, etc
- Used paint
- Appliances more than 10 years old (some exceptions made)
- Computers, copiers, printers, fax machines
- Aluminum Windows (single pane)
- Lumber under 3′-0″ long
- Damaged electrical Components
- Cracked or chipped windows/light fixtures/mirrors
- Automotive Batteries
- Non-working kerosene heaters
- Items missing parts/components
- Non-working items (some exceptions made for appliances and other items)
Businesses and individuals may arrange to have donations picked up by calling (530) 621-3317 (some restrictions apply). Please leave us a message and we will call you to make arrangements for your donation pick up.
We are unable to accommodate phone inquiries
regarding our inventory.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
We do not accept returns or
offer a store credit.
Donating goods to the ReStore could qualify you for a tax deduction on your taxes. The Donor is advised that if a tax deduction on a gift is to be taken, the Internal Revenue Service has regulations for filing tax-deductible contributions valued at $250 or more.
If the value of the donation is greater than $5,000, an independent appraisal is required and Habitat staff is required to sign the IRS Form 8283 acknowledging receipt of the gift. To be acceptable to the IRS, the appraisal must be made no more than 60 days before the date of the contribution and before the due date of the tax return.
The Donor is asked to present the appraisal and completed IRS Form 8283 to Habitat at the time of the gift. The Form will be returned to the Donor with proper signature.